Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where Did the Transfer Go?!

Privet family!

WOW so a lot has happened in these past 10 days. Maybe too much that I can't include everything but here's the main things -

Transfer calls came out last night and Elder Sanger got one for some reason! We were both pretty shocked. I'm kind of sick of 1 transfer companions. We learned so much together even though we were inside a lot and were planning on really getting out this next transfer and working Left Bank like nobody's business now that his ankle is almost healed. But everything happens for a reason of course and our thoughts aren't the Lord's so all you can do is accept it and move on. I have a feeling I'm going to train again. Tomorrow we're going to Donetsk for transfer meeting and then I'll get my new comp. Whoever it is I hope we get along really well and he's ready to work the hardest he ever has. Also from the district Sister Wagers got transferred so we'll be getting a new sister down here as well. Such is life on the mission, you get attached and then you have to start all over again. Elder Sanger and I got along very well from the beginning. I feel like I've known him my whole life. He taught me some good lessons though, mainly to expect the best and plan for the worst. Also to do everything you can, regardless of the circumstances. I'll miss him a lot.

Denis is doing good, we moved his date to April 13 now. We hope it warms up soon so that he may come to church. If not, we'll move it again. He's heard all the lessons and seems to remember them for the most part when we ask him questions. He's almost done with 2 Nephi. We've been getting out a little bit and walking around for an hour at a time with Sanger and were blessed to find some promising contacts. We also found a new investigator. His name is Zaor, from Armenia. He's about 60 years old and is pretty believing guy. And we're really pushing to work with Olya, Nina's friend. She came to the Gushins' FHE and loved it, we watched the Restoration film and said she feels like Joseph Smith on a search for the true church. We haven't been able to meet with her yet because she's really busy but when we do we can both see her getting baptized.

Now for some comments/tidbits. First, could you get me Doug Wolf's address at the U? I want to send him a postcard before I get back. And I got an email from the percussion department and the percussion concert is April 2 if you're interested in going. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, I'll try to send a few each week like I usually do. It's annoying when the computer places don't have the right hookups. Thanks so much for the Easter package stuff, I will enjoy that I'm sure whenever it gets here. You guys are the best! I sent you all an email with my flight plans, can you believe that?!?! Crazy stuff!!!!! And we received news from President Campero - he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.. so sad. He is waiting for the results to come back and the doctor told him he can probably return at the end of March, early April. This Saturday we're going to fast for him that all goes well. He seems to be taking it fine in his emails he sends us but it's still really sad. The Lord will keep him healthy though, I'm sure of this. And on Monday Elder Frandsen's group went home! It's so weird that he's gone. He's my second companion to be home now, and next transfer Elder Robison is going home and will be my 3rd. I'm getting old! Also, I talked with Elder Schoen and he got married back in January!!! Crazy stuff. Elder Frandsen's homecoming by the way is March 31. He said he'll have his mom call you with the info and stuff, you should definitely go if you can.

I'm all out of time now but know that I love you all so very much and am grateful for your prayers and love. There's nowhere else I'd rather be than here at this time in my life. I know that this Church is true and has been restored through Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and contains the answers that we need to solve our problems and come closer to Christ. Have an excellent week and I'll talk to you later!

с любовью,
Старейшина Каун
Украинская Донецкая Миссия

ps - read together Alma 44:3-5. I read these verses this past week and found them very insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment