Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Already Transfer 9!

Privet family!

Thank you all for your emails and love. It means so much to me to hear from home and how everything is going. I'm glad to hear that all is well. This last week was crazy as usual. I'll start out by saying who my new companion is- I'm now serving with Elder Nuzman from Draper, Utah! He is in his 5th transfer (my transfer when I first got to Saltovka) and we're getting along great so far. Something interesting about him is that he is a convert and is the only active member in his family. After his mission he plans on getting them active. He was baptized through member missionary work and has a pretty strong testimony of that. He was trained by a native here and his Russian is amazing already. Something we've already started doing is waking up at 5:30 to get extra Russian study in. It's super early but already I've noticed a difference in my language. I have a greater desire to study harder and learn more words (there's always more words to learn haha) Elder Nuzman is a great addition to the office, he knows computers pretty well and catches onto things quickly. We set some good transfer goals together and I'm really excited to achieve them. From Thursday after transfer meeting to Saturday night we were in a threesome with Elder Tadevosyan (elder from Armenia who only knows Russian) because he was going home but didn't have a ticket yet. So it was an interesting weekend/start to the transfer. I really don't like threesomes, they're hard to get stuff done in. But we were able to adapt to the surprise situation and I learned yet again that I can always receive the strength I need from the Lord to do hard things. Elder Nuzman and I were blessed with some miracles already our first few days together. We received seven contacts from finding and we're hoping to meet with all of them this week. We really need some new investigators here so we're faithful that some of these will become new ones! We received one from English night last Friday and we're going to meet with him and his wife tonight. This will be the second time on my mission that I teach a couple. (I taught a couple one time as a greenie but nothing came of it) Also we tracted into a guy who lives under the AP's apartment and wants to meet with missionaries so we'll be meeting him Tuesday night. All of these contacts are just coming up out of nowhere, it's amazing!

Also this week Elder Harrison and I met with Vladimir and taught him about member missionary work. He really loves the idea and is excited to get started. We're still trying to get his family involved in the gospel, it's a work in process. Besides these things that's pretty much my week. Like I said, we have good goals for this transfer and we're faithful that we will see great miracles through our service, we already are.
 
 
Happy 26th Anniversary to you mom and dad! I love you very much, thanks for everything you do for me.

Have a great week everyone! I love you and wish you all the best! Tell everyone hello for me and pass them my love!

с любовью,
Старейшина Каун
Украинская Донецкая Миссия

No comments:

Post a Comment